JM Care Plan
Insurance and Care Plan for your New Custom Design Jewelry
No matter how much you protect your new custom design jewelry, well...life happens. We get it!
We proudly work with Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company to provide two layers protection for your jewelry purchase:
- Jewelry insurance
- JM Lifetime Care Plan™
Since 1913, Jewelers Mutual Insurance has been providing comprehensive coverage that includes:
Loss: Losing a jewelry can be an extremely painful experience. But good insurance can soften the blow.
Theft. Jewelry is one of the most common stolen items. Luckily, insurance covers this all-too-common experience.
Damage. No matter how much you care for your custom design jewelry, accidents happen. Let your insurance give you peace of mind.
Disappearance. It’s just gone. Whether it’s down a drain or on the lawn somewhere, it may never to be found again. Don’t worry. It’s covered.
What’s not covered by Jewelers Mutual Insurance?
- If you damage your jewelry in a manner that goes beyond typical wear, it is not covered.
- If your jewelry is damaged because of inherent defects in it, it won’t be covered.
- If you lose your jewelry because it was confiscated by a civil authority, it is not covered.
- If you purposely damage or lose your jewelry, it won’t be covered.
- If your jewelry is damaged by vermin, rodents or insects, it’s not covered.
Other reasons to insure your jewelry with Jewelers Mutual includes:
- Comprehensive worldwide protection
- Repair or replacement coverage
- Customizable policy
- 12-month renewable policy
- Additional info on coverage
If you have any questions about purchasing coverage with Jewelers Mutual, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call them directly at 888.884.2424.
The JM Lifetime Care Plan™
The JM Lifetime Care Plan covers any repairs necessary for the lifetime of your custom design jewelry. It covers any sizing, repairs, maintenance and shipping required when your jewelry needs service at our Scottsdale store for the lifetime of the ring.
The plan reaches its maximum once you reach the total value of the piece in repairs, which is typically the life of the custom design jewelry.
Is the JM Care Plan the same as jewelry insurance?
No, this plan isn’t the same as jewelry insurance, which protects against incidences like loss, theft and mysterious disappearance. It’s not unusual for our customers to have both a care plan and insurance to protect their jewelry.
What does the JM Care Plan cover?
This plan covers restoration services as a result of damage due to normal wear and tear as well as breakage due to faulty workmanship.
The JM Care Plan also covers:
- Shipping (both ways) for covered services
- Resetting of gemstones or diamonds bent, broken or worn prongs
- Thinning or cracked ring shanks
- Broken clasps, bracelets or chains
- Broken or stretched pearl strands
- Broken earring backs or posts
- Tarnishing and scratching
- Kinked bracelets or chains
- Refinishing and polishing
- Chain soldering
- Replacement of cracked or chipped stones (including center stones)
- Loss of diamonds or gemstones due to a defective setting
- Ring soldering
- Ring resizing
What is not covered by the JM Care Plan™?
This plan does not cover loss due to theft or other circumstances. The JM Lifetime Care Plan is a service contract, not an insurance policy. For more comprehensive protection, you may want to consider Jeweler's Mutual insurance. Get your free jewelry quote here.
How do I purchase The JM Care Plan?
It’s easy. Simply purchase your plan when you purchase your custom design jewelry. If you are buying several pieces, the plan must be purchased separately for each piece. (This includes two separate purchases for a wedding set, for example.)
In order to choose the appropriate plan for your purchase, you’ll need the total of your custom design piece prior to tax. Then you can add the plan that fits your needs here.
How much does the JM Care Plan cost?
The cost of the 3-year plan ranges from $9.99 - $99.99 depending on the cost of your purchase, excluding sales tax. For a lifetime plan, the costs can range up to $1,299.99.
When does the coverage begin?
The coverage begins from the date of the purchase of your custom design jewelry.
How do I use the JM Care Plan when I need it?
Simply reach out to us via phone or email and we’ll get started on your repair.